"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mowing Obsession continued....

Remember last week when I posted about my husband's mowing obsession?

Well, I suppose part of the obsession is due in part to all these mower's he keeps inheriting. Or maybe he keeps inheriting them because of his obsession?

I don't know...either way, please give a warm welcome to the *ahem* 'newest' *ahem* mower of the family.





Allen's Grandfather's Mower.





Sorry I cannot give you exact specs on this bad boy. I think it was manufactuered in 1875 and since then, the name of the beast has worn off. Reasonably so.


*This post is taking place of a post I could have written about a '2 dog and a cat fight' that broke out early this morning only to end in a flat of my seedlings destroyed, with soil and broken containers all over my carpet!Seedlings that perished in the fight were Onions & Cabbage :( I think I was able to revive the Cuc's...time will tell. And some flower seeds that hadn't sprouted yet, so we'll see what happens to those too. 2 dogs and the cat are grounded until further notice.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Woe to the man (and the woman who married him) who is known to accept old mowers. They come out of the woodwork, don't they? ;)

Unknown said...

ha! Nancy...they SURE do!