"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, December 13, 2010

Recipe: Grandma's Spritz Cookies


As I promised in my post yesterday, I would get my Grandma's Spritz Cookie Recipe posted. So many people make these cookies, yet I have found the recipes differ from person to person. So, here is the way my Grandma made 'em and now, the way I make them! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 egg yolks, room temp
  • 2.5 cups sifted AP flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp almond flavoring (or butter or whatever suites your fancy. I like Almond!)

Cream together your butter and sugar. Add your unbeaten egg yolks & beat well. Mix in your flavoring and your food coloring. Slowly add your flour & salt in and mix well to combine. Fill your spritz press with your dough and then press out your cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake approx. 8-10 minutes at 375* (Oven cooking times vary depending on your oven!)

Other Options: Add sprinkles or candied cherries to your spritz cookies!

No comments: