"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, November 21, 2010

Labor - A Male's Point of View

My husband just gave me a glimpse into his thoughts on how he envisions labor and delivery of our first born to go. Oy, if he is right, we might as well sign over movie rights for the horror genre now!

I don't know that I care to bore you with every detail, but it seems he envisions me turning into a spawn of Satan that will be ripping his arm off and whose hair will look like I just stuck my finger in an electric socket.

All the while, he envisions lots of 'water'. Uh, I don't know what Health class he took, but I think he might be seeing more than water!!

And he also seems to think the nurses may be busy tending to him, rather than me, after he passes out!

Oh joy! I can see it now, we'll be on the way to the hospital and I will be giving HIM the pep talk to breath and relax.

1 comment:

meemsnyc said...

Hahaha, your husband is funny.