"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday on a Whim

This evening after barn chores, we planted our snow peas. I know, I am a tad behind on getting these in the ground, but the way I look at it, better late than never, right?
I mean, you will most likely still have peas....just a tad later than others ;)
These seeds were sent to me from Daphne - thanks Daphne!

I decided that we're going to try and grow the peas right outside of this outdoor 'covered patio' of the hen house. * Note, no hens this year! I figured the peas can climb up the chicken wire. We'll see how my plan works! Hubby had to till up the area and 'de-weed' first.

Then I went in a laid all the seeds. I still actually have a decent amount left so if you are looking for some Mammoth Snow Peas, let me know. I'd be happy to mail some out to you :) And we got them in just in time! As I type, we have a wonderful thunderstorm going on :)

The horses enjoyed a wonderful 80-ish degree evening with a nice breeze.........

And apparently I woke [and bothered] Savannah from her evening nap!

No comments: