"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, May 31, 2010

Picnic on the Farm

For the Memorial Day Weekend, we hosted a picnic yesterday on the farm. It was H.O.T.!!! But I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Our theme was 'Wing Cook Off' and everyone brought their own secret recipe for chicken wings. My brother-in-law took first place with my brother trailing behind in second by one vote!!


My sister, Kellie, with our niece, Madelyn, and her son, Ben!

My brother-in-law's winning wings on the grill!

Grandma's Famous 5 pounds of potato salad - it goes every time ;)


My cute 'lil nephew, Benny Boo Boo, hanging out with Romeo ;)


My Mom & Dad with Ben. Mom using a citronella candle for her birthday cake candle wish!

And now, today, I think I will do....NOTHING! Aw, who am I kidding? I have gardens to weed and horses to groom ;) Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Gigi said...

What a great way to spend Memorial Day!! The babies are soooo cute :D

Shirley said...

That looked like a fun picnic. Tell, me, do you sell your apples to individuals in the fall or just to stores. I asked Pam but she didn't know. I have to find someone build me a chicken coop before I can get chickens.

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley - Yep, we sell to individuals and I work in your city so I can always bring an order to work with me for you :) Check out our website, www.apollosonacres.com -- once varities start harvesting I will let everyone know and post on Facebook as well.