"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Farrier Visits

The farrier came out yesterday. I thought it would be cool to showcase, in photos, the horses hooves getting trimmed. Much like I did with worming the horses ;) However, my dilemma....my farrier is Amish. I admit, I am going off of what I 'hear', however, it is my understanding that Amish do not like or 'allow' their picture taken.

So, rather than embarrass myself, as I often do around the Amish, I didn't whip out the camera or ask his permission and try to explain why I wanted to take pictures of him trimming my horses hooves. Instead, I whipped out the cell camera and discreetly snapped a few pics! Hardly the tutorial I envisioned, but better than nothing!

Romeo getting his pedicure
Apollo's big, fat NOSY nose in the camera while I tried to be 'discreet' about what I was doing ;)

Just another day on the farm....with an Amish hat hanging on my light switch.

*Footnote: Gypsy and Daisy were trimmed too, however, my brillant cell idea hadn't yet dawned on my while Gypsy was being done and Daisy was too much of a handful to juggle her and the cell ;)



2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, you are so sneaky, I would have been terrified that he would have looked up & seen me in action...or heard the click on the button...yikes.
I love the photos and I adore your farm life!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Sneaky, sneaky!