"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Car Hoarder? Farm Car?

I'll be the first to admit I don't spend much time worrying about cleaning my car.....I don't know that I ever have, at least since I have had Apollo. Let's face it. A car is no match for horse hair, muck, mud and muck boots!! And now that I live on a farm, pssshhhh, please! Does it look like I have time to clean a car!!??

So today, I would like to show you what is is like when I go to the feed store and to another store to pick up shavings :) Now granted, I had some stuff already in the back seat from an art show I was at over the weekend; it's been raining ever since so I had no ambition to lug it all out of my car! So I guess this is partly my fault.

Here was my front passenger seat....


And here was my back seat....
Need I also mention that I had a bag of horse feed in the trunk as well. Why couldn't I just put all this in my trunk you ask? Don't ask is my answer :)

It is times like this when I should really remember to drive Allen's truck to work. You see though, Allen's truck is now really just a true farm truck! I'd have to feed it oil and transmission fluid and promise not to work it too hard while I had it out. Then give her a good 'ol shock treatment to get 'er going before she might even agree to allowing me to take her. [Yes, we are still discussing the truck].....and thennnnn, if it's raining, I am screwed. The shavings can't go in the the bed because they are not in waterproof bags and I can PROMISE you there isn't enough room for them in the cab! So for now, I will have to settle with the dazed & confused looks of the guys who load up my feed and shavings when they ask if I want them in the trunk! :)

On a side note, here's a new pic of the Farm Manager courtesy of hubby! (I did the graphics;)

P.S. I am typing up this blog in front of the fireplace while we have a fire going :) Probably the last one of the season. It's nice since there is still a chill in the air...but also a tad neccessary since we ran out of heating oil and I REFUSE to call and order more when it is supposed to be in the high 70's by the end of the week ;) Ahhh, life on a farm......

No comments: