"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, October 2, 2009

Rain

After being spoiled with the beautiful weather yesterday, we wake up today to a drop in temperature and rain :(

On the farm, we need rain - no doubts about it. However, excessive rain gets increasingly annoying! And it is the perfect way to kick start the day, and piss off my husband! As you may have gathered, it doesn't take much to set him off in the mornings ;) Today was par for the course.

I sauntered out of bed after he had already got up and I heard him say "Holy pouring rain" - UGH, I knew what I was in for. I approached the back door to see him putting on MY windbreaker with a white horse embroidered on it (surely it wouldn't be the normal manly thing to wear!) and gave him a funny look. His reply was, "It's raining outside...and your muck boots are soaked"....hmm, I guess he might melt. Meanwhile, I prepared myself to take over what needed done with the animals because a down pour and morning animal chores don't mix with Allen ;) He took the dogs out for the quick piddle and then hayed the horses and managed to get Gypsy and Romeo's grain soaking for me....hmmmm again, I underestimated his abilities in the rain ;)

As he came back into the house, he proceeded to tell me how a puddle was starting to form in front of the barn door and that "he's got to get that fixed soon". I simply groaned to myself and rolled my eyes....for 2 reasons.
1.) If we have flooding again this coming season in the barn aisle like we did last year, I might just let myself drown in it
2.) Allen keeps adding, daily, things to his list of things that need done asap *sigh* if you knew my husband, you'd know how over-dramatic he can be and how he takes his time completing things on his to-do asap list!

Of course he saw me roll my eyes and proceeded to do a yell/mumble about all the things "that need done around this place" and how he "never gets to relax". As I said, over dramatic! I have mastered the art of toning him out!

I simply keep reminding him that he is a home owner now...and not just any owner, but the "operator of a farm"!!!

No comments: