"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Hop, Skip and a Biff!

So last night Allen and I took our little hellions on a walk. Instead of their regular leashes, we let them go on their 30 ft. ties so that could run a tad but we could still catch them.

They were in rare form....err, wait, what do I mean....they are always in rare form! Anyways, they were running around and body slamming each other like they were entered into tryouts for WWE.

I am the first to admit they could use a little more "manners" when going on walks. I think we need to try some new harnesses that help teach them to walk nice! (Manners in other areas are another blog!)

When they run off too fast, it's hard on my hand to hold the tie and we all know, from a previous blog, what happens when I have two dogs pulling me, out of control, as though their lives depend on it!! So yesterday, I gave the tie to Allen. He was cool, calm and collected, acting as though he had it all under control. "See, no big deal"......uh huh!

So as the dogs went off on one of their 'races', Allen didn't have the tie in his hand and attempted to jump over it as it ran across the ground. As he jumped, somehow, part of the tie wound around one of his ankles and the next thing I know, 'THUD' - he flat out biffed it hard core on the ground. The dogs wiped him out almost worse than they had me!! O.M.G. - tears instantly filled my eyes (probably his too!) and I broke out in hysteria laughing. And no, I don't recall that the dogs cared and kept on running!

It took all I had to contain my laughter after about 10 minutes and the only thing Allen said was "Are you going to write about this too?" - Hmmm, thanks Hon! I haven't had any good material to write about lately!

No comments: