"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Harvest is Winding Down


Alas, the apple picking is almost over! We have a few more trees that need picked and honestly, some of them are Red Delicious trees, so I am in no hurry. Red Delicious doesn't seem to be wildly popular so I guess I am expending all my energy in trying to sell what we have harvested and currently in storage.


Knowing that we ideally will not be able to sell it all, and it'd be such a same for it to waste, I am now frantically thinking of all the different ways I can 'can' it! Apple Pie Filling, Apple Sauce, Quince Marmalade, Quince Chutney.......


Now that the picking is about finished, Allen can finally devote his attention to other things long over due, like pulling out his garden, working on the fencing for the mini's, figuring out what the heck is wrong with the water pumps [Ugh!] and of course, as always, the list goes on and on!


The picture in this blog is of our "Resident Harvest Helper's" from Sunday. Saturday we had a hayride and I must say, all went fairly well, other than my little harvest helpers having a full blown, out of character dog fight, in which some of my guest where crowded into a corner of the room while another guest tried to break it up! UGH - only at my house :)


No comments: