"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, October 30, 2009

And Extra Hour? Or Less Light?

Yesterday was one of those days for me. I am having a sciatic nerve flare up and it's been topped off with a major case of PMS! In other words, I was tromping through the orchard, huffing & puffing, back and forth back and forth, turning horses out, shoveling shit, and then tromping back and forth, back and forth, bringing horses in....all while looking like a psycho!! Since tomorrow is Halloween, I prefer to say I was just being 'witchy'!

In any event, I am not here to blog about my ailments. But, it is never a good combo to be doing evening chores on your own in a mood like that! Or maybe it is; I just grab ahold of some mane, breath in, and all feels better! Anyways, my case in point is that this morning when I joined Allen outside to feed the horses, he brought to my attention that I had not locked Romeo's door last night! UGHHHH - these things are bound to happen on occasion sooner or later....right? Luckily, Romeo stayed tucked in his stall, comfy and sound, all night! But I am lucky I got that lucky - whew!

So tomorrow night we turn the clocks back an hour before we go to bed :( This is like a glass half full or half empty kind of thing. Some people are thrilled that they are gaining an hour of sleep and I guess I can see their point....but seriously, an hour? In the grand scheme of things, is an hour really that much when it means that in turn, we get dusk at 5pm - ugh.

I guess I am going to have to play the pessimist card on this one because I would gladly hold off on that extra hour we 'gain' if it meant I could have a little more daylight. But that's probably just me since I spend the majority of my time outside!

I want to know which way you sway - check out the poll on the right side of this blog and place your opinion!

No comments: